Reach for the stars

Saturday, May 24, 2008

harlow once again

Okie, I think the previous post has been up for long enough. So here is a story of a vivid dream that i had yesterday night.

The basic premise was that I was staying in Regents, and there was also a highly wanted terrorist that somehow moved in. So, what the government did was close off the entrances to regents (You know how those revolving doors and double-lockdown doors instill such a great sense of security? yea, they also work for keeping people in.

Then, they made a loud announcment that the govt has decided that the best way to deal with the terrorist is to destroy the entire building (and everyone with it). The plan was to detonate the building from the ground up. To cut a medium story short, I decided that the best way to survive was to go up to the summit club, and as the building gets detonated floor by floor gives way, eventaully summit club would be on the ground floor and I can walk off the deck.

Somehow, this strategy worked. And i survived. And moved into another (more posh) apartment, where almost everything was circular. It was a HUGE dome shaped building, with a central elevator shaft, and walkways extending out in 4 directions [It made for impractical living cos of the long distance you need to walk from the apartment to the elevator] In the lower floors surrounding the elevators, the basement had a (circular) food court, then a two story lobby, then several floors of auditoriums (ringing the shaft).(Given the numerous circular designs of the place, I'm not surprised that it appeared in my dream.)

And guess what, the very same thing happened at this place. The whole place, being a dome, was already surrounded. The entrances were locked up, police were swaming around on the outside, blah blah blah. As a side note, there was this woman who sortof just woke up, had no idea what was happening, and hence was screaming at the door 'Let me out, I need to teach my kids!'

This time, there was no way to survive because there was no flat top place to escape of to (don't ask me how my dream logic works). So everyone was resigned to dying, and we started taking out our laptops/phones to contact people we wanted to. But sadly, there was a media blackout on such services.

At which point, I thankfully woke up.



Though, this dream did remind me of who were the people that mattered. Which would explain the last words of the conversation that I hoped you caught. Have fun in Beijing, you guys would most prob read this 8 days later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home